The United States Supreme Court recently heard arguments in a case regarding employees who are required to submit to theft prevention checks after the end of their work shifts and when off the clock. Employers have been pulling “I’m not paying you for your time” crap like this since I was a wee 16-year-old lad working at McDonalds and they said if I didn’t continue working after clocking out I would lose my job. It’s yet another form of intimidation and abuse of employees at the hands of their employers. This article notes that cases of “uncompensated work time” have been increasing. That means this decision by SCOTUS is going to be very important. Will they strike a blow for the underdog or allow companies to grind employees further under their boot heels? Sadly I couldn’t find much coverage of this story in the WordPress blogsphere. I’ll be watching this case with great interest.
- I just clicked the "No, I don't want smarter email" button. Hot fucking damn, that felt good. Go to hell, Google! #gmail 6 hours ago
- @WeRtheMerritts @moodyflufnstuf It's cool. I respect you and your opinion. I'm not hating on members of the military. 6 hours ago
- @WeRtheMerritts @moodyflufnstuf I was regular Army. Foxtrot 13. 6 hours ago
- Wife: I hate you for making me watch that Trump shit. Me: That was the "news." 😶 6 hours ago
- Trump said, "True." Trump said, "False." He was lying both times like leakage out of a pucker. That takes real skill. #achievement 6 hours ago
Bringing you daily bullshit poop crap since October 6, 2009!
1,000 days of postings in a row achieved on July 2, 2012. Which begs the question: Y1K?
A Novel Idea
Trends of the Trendy
Welcome to the Abyss!
|Leonard Brodt on Follow-up: Gary Conklin and Cr…|
|shoutabyss on Ancestry.com can eat my ass…|
|Dixie Elder Johnson on Ancestry.com can eat my ass…|
|Blogdramedy on Guru Comic: O! Holy Bligh…|
|Antwan Duckett on Ancestry.com can eat my ass…|
Posts I Like
Copyright © 2009 - 2015
Shouts from the Abyss
All Rights Reserved
Excerpts are permitted as long as credit and a link back to the original page is included. For all other uses, please just ask using the "shout" link on the main menu. Thanks!