The United States Supreme Court recently heard arguments in a case regarding employees who are required to submit to theft prevention checks after the end of their work shifts and when off the clock. Employers have been pulling “I’m not paying you for your time” crap like this since I was a wee 16-year-old lad working at McDonalds and they said if I didn’t continue working after clocking out I would lose my job. It’s yet another form of intimidation and abuse of employees at the hands of their employers. This article notes that cases of “uncompensated work time” have been increasing. That means this decision by SCOTUS is going to be very important. Will they strike a blow for the underdog or allow companies to grind employees further under their boot heels? Sadly I couldn’t find much coverage of this story in the WordPress blogsphere. I’ll be watching this case with great interest.
- Preview of my new #travel blog: "Tom & an iPhone Around the World." Enjoy scenic vistas like these. Donate only $1… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 24 minutes ago
- #Scientology is one of my favorite cults. 41 minutes ago
- When Tiger blames his "meds." https://t.co/hMjcNoU30c 43 minutes ago
- @MalcolmWHW @aubrybracco The only person cuter than Malcolm is Aubry. 44 minutes ago
- @quinncy Why is it always "Hell" and "evil" with the folks who stayed home?! 5 hours ago
Bringing you daily bullshit poop crap since October 6, 2009!
1,000 days of postings in a row achieved on July 2, 2012. Which begs the question: Y1K?
A Novel Idea
Trends of the Trendy
Welcome to the Abyss!
|shoutabyss on Ancestry.com can eat my ass…|
|Dixie Elder Johnson on Ancestry.com can eat my ass…|
|Blogdramedy on Guru Comic: O! Holy Bligh…|
|Antwan Duckett on Ancestry.com can eat my ass…|
|shoutabyss on Donald Trump’s Penis:…|
Posts I Like
Copyright © 2009 - 2015
Shouts from the Abyss
All Rights Reserved
Excerpts are permitted as long as credit and a link back to the original page is included. For all other uses, please just ask using the "shout" link on the main menu. Thanks!